- It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
Bertrand Russell (1872 – 1970)
- Will South Africa survive without its symbol of hope Mandela?
- Won’t anyone think of the children: Society failing UK’s youths
- ‘Go home’ to Bongo bongo land: Ukip and the Home Office
- Is Britain’s attitude towards its extradition detainees fundamentally racist?
- Thatcher and the Philpott children: The double-standards of speaking ill of the dead
About the AuthorSuswati Basu is a 25 year old writer, journalist and feminist activist residing in London. She has written for the Guardian, Huffington Post and the F-Word blogs, and has worked for various media outlets such as the BBC, Channel 4 and currently works for ITV News, but all views are her own. Winner of the Emma Humphries Memorial Prize in 2007, also shortlisted for the Guardian Mary Stott Prize in the same year, and more recently longlisted for the Guardian International Development Journalism Award. Has worked in China, India and the UK and currently writes on a freelance basis. All views are personal and not reflective of the employer.
TagsAbuse Adam Werrity Adolf Hitler Animal Arab Spring Assad austerity Average Wage Benefits Bertrand Russell Britain British Union of Fascists cuts Daily Mail David Cameron Depression Dictatorship Discrimination Diversity Dole Don Marquis Earth EDL Angels Egypt Employment Equality Expenses Fascism fee rises Foxgate Gaddafi Gender Government Harriet Harman Ian Brown India Liam Fox Libya london stock exchangee Mankind Margaret Thatcher Media Mental Health Mubarak NATO Nazi Newspaper occupation Occupy London Stock Exchange Orwell Oswald Mosely Page Three philosophy Phone Hacking Politics Quote Race Racism Rape Recession Rupert Murdoch Scandal Scandals Sexism Society Stone Roses Suswati Basu Syria The Sun transparency UK University wall street wealth Women
- Revealed: No 10 explores sending asylum seekers to Moldova, Morocco and Papua New Guinea. WTF. theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/s… 3 hours ago
- RT @carolecadwalla: OMFG. Voters in Wisconsin being presented with their Cambridge Analytica psychographic profiles. Holy mother fuck. The… 2 days ago
- RT @mikegalsworthy: Woah - IMPORTANT new poll many have missed. 50% say ‘wrong’ to leave EU 39% say ‘right’ to leave EU That’s a huge ga… 2 days ago
- RT @Channel4News: The investigation reveals the Trump campaign targeted Black Americans with negative ads on Facebook and social media - de… 2 days ago
- RT @carolecadwalla: 💥💥💥 We knew it. We said it. Now @Channel4News has amazing cache of hard evidence. Facebook is a tool that Trump uses to… 2 days ago