- Pity the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Don Marquis (1878 – 1937)
- Join 474 other subscribers
- Will South Africa survive without its symbol of hope Mandela?
- Won’t anyone think of the children: Society failing UK’s youths
- ‘Go home’ to Bongo bongo land: Ukip and the Home Office
- Is Britain’s attitude towards its extradition detainees fundamentally racist?
- Thatcher and the Philpott children: The double-standards of speaking ill of the dead
About the AuthorSuswati Basu is a 25 year old writer, journalist and feminist activist residing in London. She has written for the Guardian, Huffington Post and the F-Word blogs, and has worked for various media outlets such as the BBC, Channel 4 and currently works for ITV News, but all views are her own. Winner of the Emma Humphries Memorial Prize in 2007, also shortlisted for the Guardian Mary Stott Prize in the same year, and more recently longlisted for the Guardian International Development Journalism Award. Has worked in China, India and the UK and currently writes on a freelance basis. All views are personal and not reflective of the employer.
TagsAbuse Adam Werrity Adolf Hitler Animal Arab Spring Assad austerity Average Wage Benefits Bertrand Russell Britain British Union of Fascists cuts Daily Mail David Cameron Depression Dictatorship Discrimination Diversity Dole Don Marquis Earth EDL Angels Egypt Employment Equality Expenses Fascism fee rises Foxgate Gaddafi Gender Government Harriet Harman Ian Brown India Liam Fox Libya london stock exchangee Mankind Margaret Thatcher Media Mental Health Mubarak NATO Nazi Newspaper occupation Occupy London Stock Exchange Orwell Oswald Mosely Page Three philosophy Phone Hacking Politics Quote Race Racism Rape Recession Rupert Murdoch Scandal Scandals Sexism Society Stone Roses Suswati Basu Syria The Sun transparency UK University wall street wealth Women
- RT @AMarch4OurLives: Not abortions. Not books. Not drag queens. Not Black history. Guns. It’s the fucking guns that are killing our kids.… 3 hours ago
- RT @peterframpton: I have posted this before but .. 26 years ago, a gunman entered Dunblane Primary School in Scotland, killing 16 kids an… 3 hours ago
- RT @HowToBe247: 📚🏆Rathbones Folio Prize 2023: Margo Jefferson big winner of the night @RathbonesFolio #RathbonesFolioPrize Read: https://t… 4 hours ago
- RT @NationalWorld: Huge backlogs and lengthy delays are having a 'devastating impact' on rape and sexual assault victims. https://t.co/53dd… 12 hours ago
- RT @NationalWorld: 🔴 NEW: Jeremy Corbyn said that Sir Keir Starmer had “denigrated the democratic foundations” of Labour, ahead a move to f… 12 hours ago