All comments are welcome, however derogatory remarks against race, religion, gender, sexuality or disability will not be tolerated. Any attacks on individuals will equally not be tolerated. Comments will be moderated in accordance to these policies.
- Will South Africa survive without its symbol of hope Mandela?
- Won’t anyone think of the children: Society failing UK’s youths
- ‘Go home’ to Bongo bongo land: Ukip and the Home Office
- Is Britain’s attitude towards its extradition detainees fundamentally racist?
- Thatcher and the Philpott children: The double-standards of speaking ill of the dead
About the AuthorSuswati Basu is a 25 year old writer, journalist and feminist activist residing in London. She has written for the Guardian, Huffington Post and the F-Word blogs, and has worked for various media outlets such as the BBC, Channel 4 and currently works for ITV News, but all views are her own. Winner of the Emma Humphries Memorial Prize in 2007, also shortlisted for the Guardian Mary Stott Prize in the same year, and more recently longlisted for the Guardian International Development Journalism Award. Has worked in China, India and the UK and currently writes on a freelance basis. All views are personal and not reflective of the employer.
TagsAbuse Adam Werrity Adolf Hitler Animal Arab Spring Assad austerity Average Wage Benefits Bertrand Russell Britain British Union of Fascists cuts Daily Mail David Cameron Depression Dictatorship Discrimination Diversity Dole Don Marquis Earth EDL Angels Egypt Employment Equality Expenses Fascism fee rises Foxgate Gaddafi Gender Government Harriet Harman Ian Brown India Liam Fox Libya london stock exchangee Mankind Margaret Thatcher Media Mental Health Mubarak NATO Nazi Newspaper occupation Occupy London Stock Exchange Orwell Oswald Mosely Page Three philosophy Phone Hacking Politics Quote Race Racism Rape Recession Rupert Murdoch Scandal Scandals Sexism Society Stone Roses Suswati Basu Syria The Sun transparency UK University wall street wealth Women
- RT @SueReviews: Ok. We’re gonna need something to cling to. We’re gonna need a life raft. And some people are gonna need it more than other… 1 hour ago
- RT @BillNeelyNBC: BREAKING: the usually accurate Exit Poll predicts a big win for @BorisJohnson in the UK Election, with a large majority o… 1 hour ago
- RT @JayMitchinson: “The people of this country must never again be asked to navigate a maelstrom of misinformation in order to decide who w… 12 hours ago
- RT @mrdanwalker: If you can’t make it to a TV today, this is what happened when we surprised Terrence - who came on #bbcbreakfast yesterday… 13 hours ago
- @TootingLabour Is there anyone who can me assist me to the polling station, mobility issues and all #accessibility 14 hours ago